Friday, June 23, 2006

Whew -- WAAAAY too much crazy showing!

So, I have this inability to reign in the crazy. It's my fatal flaw. I'll jot something down that seems perfectly reasonable at the time. Then I'll go back and read through it (usually some time later) and I think, "Man! Who wrote that?!"

Oh well -- it's a promise to myself to keep things in context and whole, warts and all.

***

Got a nice note from my friend Phil asking where the pictures were I promised to send him, like, six months ago. Oops.

See, my husband, the love of my life, has gone through an amazing transformation. Through the miracle of DS surgery and lots of hard work (and suffering), he has lost an astonishing amount of weight. Oh! Here's some more crazy: I have a blind spot in that I can't see weight loss on other people very well. It's like, "Yeah, I guess he's lost some weight." It's only when I see pictures side-by-side that I really see what I'm looking at. Weird.

Anyway, here're a couple of pictures of my husband's journey so far. The first is Christmas of '04 and the next is Christmas of '05.






Cool, huh?!

1 comment:

Phil South said...

I'm still blown away by those pictures... how's that going?